PIPING AND STRUCTURAL FABRICATION :
Introduction to :
- Industry and industrial system. e.g. Refinery, Petrochemical, Chemical, Organic Pharmaceutical etc
- Basic structural requirement of the plants/projects
- Role of Civil engineers in various fields
Inputs from various departments and output :
Concept of Analysis and Loading Calculations :
- Concrete Structure Design
- Steel Structure Design
Detailed Analysis & design of :
- Pipe Racks and Sleepers
- Static equipment foundation design
- Rotating equipment foundation (Block & frame type)
- Equipment Supporting Structures (Technological Structures)
- Plant Buildings such as Compressor House, Control Building, Substation, Pump house, etc.
- Non-plant buildings such as Admin building, Warehouse, Workshop
Selection of various steel
Relevant Standards/Codes, their importance and applications.
General Civil Works
- Roads, Drains
- Viz.: Contaminated rain water sewer & oily water sewer
- Paving Dyke wall
- Tank Farm Area, Boundary wall, Fence & gate,
- Local support & platforms, etc.
Special Facilities :
- Cooling Tower
- Flare Stack
Computer Aided Analysis and Design (with concept of STAAD software)
Study of other department documents used for designing of plants
Preparation of Bill of Material at various stages
Site Visit will be arranged at industrial plant either in shut down or not working conditions.